Dedicated readers of the Dick Tracy comic strip are no doubt aware of the mysterious appearance of a character who may or may not be Mysta “Moon Maid” Tracy, Junior’s first wife. Moon Maid, for those that don’t know was introduced in 1964 when Dick Tracy and Diet Smith visited the Moon and was killed by a car bomb meant for the heroic detective in 1978. The mysterious character who we’ve been teased with over the last eight months has battled crime in the city with Moon Maid’s signature look and powers, only a mask covering her face. Is it Moon Maid? We’ll soon find out, Mike Curtis has dropped the news that the Moon Maid storyline will take center stage starting in late April and much like the Mr. Crime storyline of last year will involve a host of new and old characters.
Take the chance before then to get caught up on some of the coming characters Mike has teased, including,
- MM – Is she the real Moon Maid?
- Notta Fallar – After suffering devastating losses in 1967/1968, the former Mrs. Chin Chillar just might be out of prison
- Purdy Fallar – Last seen frozen to death in 1968, we bet Purdy has been defrosted back to life.
- Dr. Zy Ghote – A cloning doctor last seen pretending to clone Mumbles in 1979
- Stellaluna – A very Moon like name, could she be impersonating Moon Maid?
- Retik – We’ve seen him, but we don’t know who he is. Is he a man from the Moon?
- Bardoll – We’ll have to wait and see who Bardoll is
- Blackjack – John Dillinger wannabe with a good heart taken into custody by the FBI last year
- BB Eyes – The returning gangster now employed by the Apparatus
- Doubleup – One of Mike and Joe’s best new characters, possibly partnered with BB Eyes
- Mrs Flattop, aka Stilleta Jones – Introduced just last year
- Mumbles – This bad egg always turns up, and we smile every time he comes back
- Joe Montana – I’m going to guess this isn’t the football player
- Joe the Bartender – I sure could use a drink